Monday 10 August 2015

8 Photos Of Happiness Tag

I've finally gotten round to doing this even though I was tagged quite a while ago now! Thank you to Stephanie from Oui, Stephanie for nominating me for this - my first ever tag! I'm quite excited to do this so here goes...

Rules and explanations of this tag:
  • Thank your nominator/s and link them in your post.
  • Post your 8 photos of happiness (The photos can be anything that represents a moment, object, place or feeling that makes you happy.) 
  • Pop in a brief description of the photo, why you chose it or let the photos do the talking! 
  • Spread the happiness and tag up to ten other bloggers!
1) The Lake District















I took this picture on holiday this year. It's my favourite place in the Lake District by Lake Coniston, and just sums up free time, family holidays and warm relaxing days spent sunbathing and reading a book by the water. On a sidenote, I didn't edit this picture at all because I love how it looks anyway!

2) A cup of tea





















In true British style, there's nothing a good cuppa tea can't make better! 

3) Books















Reading has always been one of my favourite things. Whether it's curling up in a blanket on a cold winter's day, or sunbathing by a pool in summer, I love that books can provide an escape to another world for a few hours. 

4) Nail Varnish















Nail varnish was the first beauty item I got into, even in my pre-teen years! I remember the first set of 6 small, round bottles of nail varnish I received in my Christmas stocking and felt like such a grown up! Though my collection has changed and grown a lot since then, I still don't feel like myself without a pretty spot of colour on my fingernails. 

5) My collection of Me To You Bears





















My collection of Me To You Bears is something I started around my 16th birthday. Since then, I have received one for many special occasions including significant birthdays, the occasional Christmas one and various results day/congratulatory bears. It's the secondary connection to special life events that makes the bears mean so much to me... and they look really cute too!

6) Bubble baths
















I associate baths with treats, those times where you decide to have a full blown pamper session to restart yourself mentally. Usually mine include a Lush bath bomb too, the colours and scents helping to relax me.

7) IVDC medal 















Many of you probably don't know that from the age of 13 I've been a Latin and Ballroom dancer - just like on BBC's Strictly Come Dancing! When I started uni, I joined the uni competition circuit and made it my aim that by 3rd year I wanted to achieve a medal at nationals. I actually managed this in the team match competition that takes place in the evening (the final part of a 16 hour competition!), with myself and my then dance partner managing to come 4th (the top 6 couples make the final and receive medals and trophies) along with the other 3 couples in our uni team! I also knew this was likely to be one of my last ever dance competitions so it was a nice memory to make.

8) Graduate ball!
















Though this was taken at my grad ball (which was an amazing evening despite it being the night before my last ever uni exam!) it just brings together how amazing my uni experience was. Best 3 years of my life... so far! 

Looking back over these photos this didn't turn out how I expected it to, but I guess that's kind of what this is all about! 

Now I tag these fabulous people to do the same... apologies if you've already been tagged by someone else. Enjoy folks!

Louise at Louise Rose Railton

Kirsty at Have The Town

Molli at Along Came Molli

Amie at The Curvaceous Vegan

Emily at Dine, Dash and Dessert

Thanks for reading! x 

4 comments:

  1. I love Lake Coniston, we went there last year for a family wedding and it's such a gorgeous place to visit! Completely agree with the tea as well, I drink gallons of the stuff haha.

    Maddie // itsthatplacecalledhere.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favourite places to relax, so peaceful!

      Delete
  2. Reading a book by a lake actually sounds like a dream holiday! That's so cool that you did ballroom dancing! I've always wanted to do something like that, I'm not very graceful though! (Massive understatement)
    Kirsty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ballroom dancing is so much fun, I really miss! You should definitely give it a go, that's what beginners classes are for :)

      Delete